httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject nice try, no cigar
Date Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:50:59 GMT
I thought I had hit on the Holy Grail for the explain package the other
day:

#if !defined(EXPLAIN)
#define Explain #define RATHOLE
#else
#define Explain _Explain
#endif

It's not covered anywhere I can see in the ANSI spec. 8^(
It worked for gcc and IRIX cc, but not Solaris (either SparcWorks cc or
the UCB cc). I didn't bother trying UnixWare at that point.

Back to the drawing board...

BTW, does anyone object to a bit stronger language in the Apache docs
concerning using an ANSI compiler? Currently, I get the feeling we
assume ANSI compliance, but don't require it.

That bit Jim in the mod_imap a few days ago.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
In West Union, Ohio, No married man can go flying without his spouse
along at any time, unless he has been married for more than 12 months.