httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src http_core.c
Date Sat, 08 Jun 1996 03:52:16 GMT

> > > Oh well, uh, okay.   I suppose it doesn't add *that* much cruft.  :)
> >
> > Let's take this back out before 1.1b3. 'Include' makes better sense.
> > I'll see if I can pull it together for 1.2. (Hopefully we can start
> > commiting stuff to a 1.2 branch _soon_ ??? )
>
> I was hoping 1.1b3 would be our last beta, and that within a week we
> could feel confident enough to put out a 1.1 we felt as strongly about as
> we did about 1.0 (actually I'd prefer "as strongly as we felt about
> 1.0.3" but I know that's logically impossible :)  The cynic in me knows
> we'll have a 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, but I'd like to reduce the need for those
> as much as possible, and not throwing new features in at the last minute
> is a good part of that.
>
> Include dir/* sounds like the best way, ja.  Should a common regex lib in
> util.c be a goal for 1.2?  I think so.
>
> 	Brian

Actually, I've compiled and have been playing with Howard Fear's
mod_xinclude on FreeBSD and Solaris. Neither require a regex library
and I'm curious just how many will. My bet is that very few of
the systems we play with these days will require us to pull in
another library. Seems that this should be no different than
pointing a user to gdbm if they don't have dbm on thier system.
Is there some reason I am not thinking about to include a regex
library in Apache?