httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: 1.1b3 and things???
Date Sat, 08 Jun 1996 02:32:01 GMT
Jim Jagielski liltingly intones:

> sameer@c2.org wrote:
> >
> > 	I think we should do this. Move the main apache.org site out
> > of the US. US-types will have to be sure that CVS-commits stay away
> > from the crypto code.
> > 	What is dangerous about canada though is that it isn't illegal
> > to export crypto to canada. So if a CVS-type in the US puts some
> > crypto code on rasmus's CVS server, then that is totally legal, but
> > then apache becomes restricted to US & Canada, and we lose.
> > 	Having the CVS server outside US & Canada would be nicer.
> >

> As long as this doesn't make it difficult to keep up the effort for
> the non-crypto version of Apache, then it makes no difference to me.
>
> However, I'd prefer not seeing things go in the direction that the
> group has to perform various leaps and tricks (members in the US that
> is) to maintain non-crypto. That's still our _main_ focus, ain't it??

Things may be different when the ITAR rules finally change. I'm sure
Roy would caution us about leaning toward commerce support, as I
believe he did w3.org.

It'd be a bit tough for us in the Statz to do this now, though.
Legally, that is.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least two to one.