httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sam...@c2.org
Subject Re: 1.1b3 and things???
Date Sat, 08 Jun 1996 00:11:35 GMT

> Can we wait a few more months to see if the commerce department
> reconsiders, in the light of the Japanese subsidiary of RSA's development
> of the RSA-phone, and that gov't task force's recommendation that
> crypto rules cost us tons of money?  (ugh, sorry I can't remember
> details, but I'm sure Sameer knows what I'm talking about).

	Yeah, right. As if that will help. (The NRC report, you mean.)

	I'm not optimistic about the goverment saying "Oh! We were
wrong! Yes! Free Crypto." No chance. The NRC report didn't even say
eliminate export controls.

	The Bernstein case, however, has some promise.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net