httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: all clear
Date Fri, 07 Jun 1996 23:23:11 GMT

> The first two (vhost docroots, mime.types) I will +1, the second I still
> want to somewhat stew on before releasing it.  I think putting that
> conglomeration outside the server might be a better idea (like into a
> perl script).

I disagree. SIGHUPing the server would then require you to rerun
your perl script. It moves a fundemental part of the server's
operation to an external program that is susceptible to it's own
problems. It's a simple little piece of code that is quite useful
for config management and cannot effect the servers ability to do
it's job if it fails. A trivial change like this should not take
a month to get into the code base. I'm willing to turn it into
something that the group wants, but I can't do it without feedback
like Brian's.

> I can't think of any other bug-related patches -
>
> > We're also gonna want to sanity check builds from this release before
> > we actually go and announce it as 1.1b3, I think. I can do several of
> > them tomorrow.
>
> Me too.  stars.patch and spath.patch can wait until after b3 imho.

We had enough votes to include them though. Why put it off?
They just get lost in the shuffle.