httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Randy Terbush <>
Subject Re: all clear
Date Fri, 07 Jun 1996 23:23:11 GMT

> The first two (vhost docroots, mime.types) I will +1, the second I still 
> want to somewhat stew on before releasing it.  I think putting that 
> conglomeration outside the server might be a better idea (like into a 
> perl script).  

I disagree. SIGHUPing the server would then require you to rerun
your perl script. It moves a fundemental part of the server's
operation to an external program that is susceptible to it's own
problems. It's a simple little piece of code that is quite useful
for config management and cannot effect the servers ability to do
it's job if it fails. A trivial change like this should not take
a month to get into the code base. I'm willing to turn it into
something that the group wants, but I can't do it without feedback
like Brian's.

> I can't think of any other bug-related patches - 
> > We're also gonna want to sanity check builds from this release before
> > we actually go and announce it as 1.1b3, I think. I can do several of
> > them tomorrow.
> Me too.  stars.patch and spath.patch can wait until after b3 imho.  

We had enough votes to include them though. Why put it off?
They just get lost in the shuffle.

View raw message