httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: WebNFS?...
Date Fri, 07 Jun 1996 15:39:01 GMT
Randy Terbush liltingly intones:

> > Do we need to know about this:
> >
> > http://www.newspage.com/NEWSPAGE/info/d22/d1/d2/public/yahoo.b0606091.403.htm
> >
> > Are these people talking about URLs of the form
> > 'webnfs://foo.com/resource', and if so would there be a separate
> > webnfs server or would there bee a desire to integrate a mod_webnfs.c
> > into Apache?
> >

> Seems more like we would be able to export our webspace via NFS.
> Sounds like the proxy should be able to 'mount' these webnfs systems
> using the built in cacheing of NFS.

Good God. No need to worry about that perl in /cgi-bin, or setuid wrappers
or anything. I wonder who security audited *that* beast. 8^)

I guess we can throw that .cgi/.pl entry in the distribution MIME types
file now. 8^)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
If only God would give me some clear sign!  Like making a large deposit
in my name at a Swiss bank.
		-- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"