httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Patch to mod_cgi
Date Thu, 06 Jun 1996 15:46:21 GMT
  [ Suggests a DirectToClient directive as a way of designating nph- scripts ]

Hmmm... I certainly agree that the nph-prefix business is, shall we say,
not a paragon of elegance, but adding a new config-file directive also
seems a bit like swatting flies with cannonballs.  Would you object to
something that allowed implementation of support for an nph- suffix, a la

  AddAction nph-cgi-script nph

or something like that?  (BTW, since we'll probably have to deal with
session-layer protocols which make nph- impossible sooner or later, we
might want to look as well into the possibility of implementing a
CGI-unbuffered CGI header which would cause the server to transmit data
along the connection exactly as and when received by the script).

All of this, of course, is not worth implementing until after a public
1.1b3 release, and then only into a 1.2dev branch.  (That's getting to
be my mantra, I guess).

rst