httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: 1.1b3 and things???
Date Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:29:49 GMT
Cliff had gotten several good patches from a user, one of which fixed
SIGTERM problems on Solaris 2.5, and further POSIXizes signal handling.

Plus, there a mod_imap fixes, and several others I'd have to search
my archives for at this point.

I've got another round of patches for the proxy module, and I'm trying
to get all the advertised features working in all environments, as
well as some bugs fixed, before moving on to caching strategy and
protocol semantics issues (as well as moving towards a kinder, gentler,
more 1.1ish operation).

Mod_proxy.c is just too darned big, though. Any objections to splitting
it into several pieces soon? It's possible it may be easier to put
this into the distribution in its own subdirectory. Pieces I can see
as logical chunks are:

mod_proxy_ftp.c
mod_proxy_ssl.c
mod_proxy_http.c
mod_proxy_<other protocol here>.c
mod_proxy_cache.c
mod_proxy_util.c - some of this might move to util.c later
mod_proxy.c
mod_proxy.h

It could be built as a library, thus the Configuration line

Module proxy_module       libmod_proxy.a

instead of a long list of objects.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
"When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut."