httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: 1.1b3 and things???
Date Thu, 06 Jun 1996 00:52:24 GMT
  1. Stop fatal error when missing DocumentRoot for VirtualHosts.

If this is the code that was bundled in with your sucgi patches, I looked
it over then.  +1.

  2. ConfigDir (even though possibly a feature, it stands alone,
     its very useful)

I'm sure it is, but (unlike the first) it doesn't answer a repeated customer
complaint, and at this point in the beta cycle, we probably should be limiting
our attention to stuff that comes with some sort of urgency.

(Besides which, I'm still not sure that ConfigDir per se is the best way
to present the functionality --- we might well be better off folding it
into wildcarding on a more general Include directive.  But right now, I
really do think that any action on this sort of thing should be put off
at least until 1.1b3 is out, and then go into a 1.2 development branch).

rst