httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: oohh publicity
Date Tue, 04 Jun 1996 20:29:46 GMT
> I don't really think that's a good idea --- start throwing mud, and it
> splatters on everyone, including us.

I don't want to throw mud either. If nobody wants to verify the claim
for c|net or if people generally think it's a bad thing it can be dropped.

>  I'd like to know how much of
> this spoofing is going on myself, but as far as public release,

it won't be a press release if that's what you meant. I'm just going to
pass on the questionaire (which she seemed to bite on), and any other
info people want me to, and let her write it up.

> I'd say it's best to just keep it in the family at least until we need it
> for ammunition when somebody starts throwing mud at *us*.

unless I hear otherwise from someone willing to verify the 'claims' I
won't give c|net anything on this topic.

Brian's checking the servers on the galleria page for servers in disguise.

Mmm, maybe I should pass on our wild predictions  :-)      not

with the Wired IPO being big news today, I'm reminded of a story..
A reporter asked a director of the IMDb when we'd announce an IPO,
to which he replied: "we haven't lost enough money to do an IPO".   :-)

View raw message