httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Survey results...
Date Mon, 03 Jun 1996 13:47:50 GMT

>     while everyone's in a speculative mood the latest survey results
> are up at:
>
>     http://www.netcraft.co.uk/Survey/
>
> According to the graphs, and blind faith in the power of the straight
> line, Apache will be 50% in September, at about the time when
> non-UNIX takes 25% of the market.

Do you count Netscape servers as all Unix?. I'd guess that
at least half of them are running on NT already.

There's very little Netscape traffic in the c.i.w.s.u group which
would otherwise suggest a larger unix takeup.

BTW, someone on this list (anonymous unless he comes forward) told me
that he'd changed the server ID from Apache to Netscape in order to get
onto the Netscape galleria page :-)