httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs snapshot. compiler warnings
Date Mon, 03 Jun 1996 12:20:46 GMT

>> I think Apache should compile clean on every supported platform. It
>> might be nice to seek neater ways to make it happen, but it has to
>> happen.

rasmus> If that is the case, how about these ones under Solaris 2.5
rasmus> that have been bugging me for ages but people seemed to agree
rasmus> to disagree on how to fix them:

rasmus> gcc -c -O2 -DSTATUS -Wall -DSOLARIS2 util.c util.c: In
rasmus> function `get_local_host': util.c:1090: warning: implicit
rasmus> declaration of function `gethostname'

rasmus> There is no prototype for this function on Solaris.  The man
rasmus> page gives this as the prototype:

rasmus>      int gethostname(char *name, int namelen);

This is part of the BSD compatibility library and shouldn't really
be used. We should use 'uname' instead.