httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Default mime types update for 1.1?
Date Sun, 02 Jun 1996 21:44:45 GMT
  and if we have to make the current
  two-step process of enabling CGI easier (turning on this mime type, *and*
  ExecCGI in Options) then I'd prefer to set the latter by default.

Disagree completely.  With this setup, you can't keep users from turning
on CGI by default without denying them the ability to add any AddType
directives at all.  I can easily see circumstances where you'd want to
deny users the ability to set Options, but let them do AddTypes.  I'm
afraid I can't easily see why you'd want to do the reverse.

rst