httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Default mime types update for 1.1?
Date Sun, 02 Jun 1996 14:05:51 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> On Thu, 30 May 1996 rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca wrote:
> > Would it be worthwhile to go through the mime.types file before
> > the release of 1.1 and make sure we have some of the common
> > more recent types in there?  Every time I install a server I find
> > myself adding:
> >
> >     AddType application/octet-stream class
> >
> > to srm.conf for Java classes.  I am sure there are lots of other mime
> > types that we could add by default either to srm.conf or to the
> > mime.types file that comes with Apache.
>
> Here's the mime.types used on hyperreal.  I removed the entries which
> weren't actually mapped to anything since I thought that was a little
> silly to have entries without suffixes, but I can see from a new-user
> perspective why hat might be attractive.  Anyways, give it a look... I'm
> sure there are things that could be added.

Allow me to suggest the following additions:

application/x-httpd-cgi        cgi pl
audio/x-realaudio              ra
audio/x-pn-realaudio           ram
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin    rpm

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Boys are beyond the range of anybody's sure understanding, at least
when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years.
		-- James Thurber