httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Apache Product Announcement (fwd)
Date Sat, 01 Jun 1996 16:02:28 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> Any comments before I ack?
> if so, please Cc to robh@imdb.com

Sounds OK, as long as they put the proper words into their announcement,
concerning the Apache derivation.

They may be interfacing to POS (point of sale) devices w/the modules, and
the nondisclosure rules there are very tight. Visa et al won't even reveal
all the details of the network their device is interfacing to. We've done
such interfaces here, though not to Apache. I can understand his reasons
for binary-only distribution of these modules.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Cigarette, n.:
	A fire at one end, a fool at the other, and a bit of tobacco in
between.