httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Apache Product Announcement (fwd)
Date Sat, 01 Jun 1996 15:27:14 GMT

Any comments before I ack?
if so, please Cc to robh@imdb.com

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Date: Sat, 01 Jun 1996 09:56:49 -0400
From: Cyrus Maaghul <cmaaghul@maagnum.com>
To: robh@imdb.com
Subject: Apache Product Announcement

Hi Rob,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am President of Maagnum Resources. We
are a web development company located in Connecticut. We have been using
Apache for just about a year and are quite pleased with it. We
specialize in electronic commerce software development. We dumped
Netscape about six months ago and now use Apache for all our development
except credit card and order processing. Because of the lack of
available credit card and EDI modules for Apache, we decided to develop
our own modules that we plan to bundle with Apache in the future.
Because of the proprietaty nature of the interfaces, not to mention the
security issues, to the credit card networks, the source code can not be
made publicly available. We plan to compete with Netscape and OpenMarket
 by deliverying Apache users an electronic commerce solution so they are
not forced to switch if and when they need to process of the credit card
and EDI networks in the future.

We plan to announce of products next week and just wanted to share our
plans with you. If you would like more information I can be reached at
(203) 699-8225 ext 21 or cmaaghul@maagnum.com.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to read this message.

Best Regards,
Cyrus Maaghul

----- End of forwarded message from Cyrus Maaghul -----

--