httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: 1.1b3
Date Tue, 14 May 1996 05:51:50 GMT
On Mon, 13 May 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > > An alternative might be to setup a 'patches' mail alias and begin using
> > > the 'request' package that Tony mentioned recently. I took him up on
> > > his suggestion and installed it here.  Very nice tracking system.
> >
> > I musta missed that ... where would it run?
>
> Hyperreal, most likely, however it could be setup any place that
> would like to host it, aliased to 'patches@apache.org'. I believe
> that Tony was suggesting it for 'bugs@apache.org' since it gives
> an outreply and reference number and gives certain members the
> ability to add comments etc. to the references as they are received/
> addressed. There was also a contributed web interface that could
> be useful.
>
> I think my link to the net is a bit weak for something like this.
> Putting it on hyperreal would probably be the logical choice if
> we could pester Brian to allow it to happen.

No need to pester, I fully support it.  At an informal Apache BOF in
Paris, there was a strong desire for a publicly viewable bug tracking
system, one which people outside the apache group could view to see if a
problem they were having was one that others were having...

> Since I've just gone through the setup of this, I would be happy
> to do it on hyperreal while it is fresh in my mind. Someone else
> will need to setup the web interface though, as I am a bit swamped.

It doesn't seem like it would be too complex a chore... anyways, if
someone without hyperreal access wants to do it and has the time, I'd be
happy to give out an account.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/