httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Apache legal question
Date Fri, 03 May 1996 22:37:17 GMT
On Fri, 3 May 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > We want to do the right thing as far as all the legal stuff is
> > concerned.
>
> > Anyway, back to the original issue: In accordance with the licensing
> > requirements, we'd like to get official written permission to use the
> > name Apache, and to be able to advertise as providing commercial
> > support for the Apache Server.  Who do I need to ask to obtain such
> > permission?
>
> In theory, there is nobody who you can get written permission from,
> but in practise, I guess that a signature from one of the die-hards
> on this list will suffice. I'd suggest Brian as the person to do this,
> but if nobody jumps on your request, it doesn't really matter who signs
> it.

I have no problem with it as well.  If your legal department will
consider this email as sufficient to cover the copyright, cool.  If not,
I'll fax a statement with a signature, but if I can't get to it today
it'll have to wait until after the 12th, when I get back from Paris.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/