httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Cleaning out Apache's bellybutton...]
Date Wed, 01 May 1996 18:24:00 GMT
On Wed, 1 May 1996, Jason A. Dour wrote:

> > Currently, CGI and includes are outside the core - they exist as
> > mod_include.c and mod_cgi.c.  You can compile apache without those
> > modules and be free of such lint :)  Or did you mean something else?
>
> 	Ahhh...  But configuration and what not for the CGI and Includes
> modules is still in the core.  The configuration stuff is the "lint" I had
> been digging at...  8)
>
> 	I'm just curious...  I'm releasing modules based upon the
> ditribution CGI and Includes modules...and  I was kind of hoping that they
> would be completely free standing before too long.  8(  8)

Ah, okay - I believe that's because the "Options"  directive has some control
over the behavior of those two, and the current API and internals don't
allow new "Options" arguments to be added arbitrarily.  We could turn all
those arguments into their own directives, scoped to work everywhere the
"Options" directive works, I suppose, but insofar as we've committed to
staying backwards compatible with NCSA 1.3-style config files (and
especially our own!) we're kind of stuck supporting the "Options"
directive.  Though, I suppose we could distribute a shell script which
replaces "Options" directives with new directives...

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/