httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Freilich <rfrei...@vertex.tor.hookup.net>
Subject Re: Apache on OSF/1
Date Thu, 02 May 1996 21:56:57 GMT
On Thu, 2 May 1996, sameer wrote:

> > Has anyone ever tried Apache on an Alpha before? It has one discerning
> > feature, it's a 64 bit box. Might be irrelevant but then again maybe not.
>
> 	I've compiled & tested Apache & ApacheSSL on an Alpha. It
> isn't being used in production, though.
>
> 	The 64bitness only mattered as far as RSAREF & ApacheSSL-US
> went. I didn't have to do anything else special. (Stock RSAREF doesn't
> have 64bit alpha support.. i just had to add two lines to fix that)

Does ApacheSSL-US have 64bit support?  I'm planning on running ApacheSSL
as soon as I can get my hands on an RSA number - probably going to start
it on a Compaq 486, but once business picks up it will definitely be
running on an Alpha (might even start it off on an Alpha Station 400).

As well, is there any fix for the current original situation?  Seems like
I lose my Web server every few hours - and most mornings, it dies
completely, to the point where I have to kill all processes, and restart
the daemon.

Thanks again,

Richard