httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Security interest
Date Fri, 31 May 1996 17:30:18 GMT
On Fri, 31 May 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > Maybe someone could write a robot (spit spit) to use cgi-bin/perl
> > to remove cgi-bin/perl from people's servers  :-)
> >
> > note the :-)
>
> And a further note for anyone who doesn't note the :-) - in most parts of the
> world this is _illegal_! Or so I am led to believe...

Actually, not... there's some fine print at the bottom of the Apache
license that obviously you've forgotten: "the Apache Group reserves
the right to do whatever the heck they want to your machine once you
have installed their server, and there's nothing you can do about it,
so ha ha ha. Backup reguarly." :)

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."