httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: ** mod_rewrite is able to replace 5(!) similar modules **
Date Fri, 31 May 1996 01:28:05 GMT
On Thu, 30 May 1996, Robert S. Thau wrote:

> My opinion:  possibly interesting for 1.2.  *Way* too late for 1.1.

I agree. While the module certainly looks interesting, there's no way
in heck I'm going to allow code of that magnitude into 1.1, since
we're (theoretically) in a feature freeze, and this module consists of
a (tad) bit more than a bugfix. Though for 1.2 it sounds great.

On another note, I have yet to see any response to my patch to
implement ServerPath and ServerRedirect functionality in Host-header
based virtualhosts. Did people get it? Did they read it? Would they
mind replying? It seems to me to be the most workable solution (so
far) to the browser-compatibility issue, and so I'd term inclusion in
1.1 as a bug fix, if people like the patch... anyone?

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."