httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: An idea for state saving
Date Thu, 30 May 1996 16:17:45 GMT
On Thu, 30 May 1996 rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca wrote:

> When keep-alive is turned off, is r->connection->pool synonymous
> with r->pool?  Or do I need to check that?

Pretty much. r->pool is always a subpool of r->connection->pool. When
you're using keepalive, it just gets wiped and reinitalized before
each connection. You can always use either, regardless of keep-alive's
status. r->pool will be wiped at the end of the request, r->connection
at the end of the connection (for non-persistent requests, these are
the same thing).

> I completely missed that bit of the structure..  Thanks.

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."