httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: An idea for state saving
Date Thu, 30 May 1996 15:45:03 GMT
On Thu, 30 May 1996 rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca wrote:

> I am not sure how mod_fastperl manages its memory, but mod_php uses
> Apache sub-pools.  These sub-pools are automatically cleared by Apache
> at the end of each request.  Being able to indicate that a sub-pool's
> life should span entire keep-alive sessions would be a valuable feature.
> A request record flag would probably need to be set to indicate that
> a persistant memory pool is active so the module knows that it is there.

Nah, it's simpler than that. Use r->connection->pool instead of
r->pool. That should work. Of course, you're still left with the
problem of maintaining that data across the connection, but the memory
won't get wiped until the connection's over.

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."