httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject For 1.1
Date Sun, 26 May 1996 01:50:35 GMT
Apache 1.1 should hopefully be released soon, but before we do, I'd
like to add three things (one thing, really) added to the code. Things
that I'd like to have for future modules that I think will be rather
useful. Namely:

1. I'd like to see mod_env's mod_env_table_unset() function moved into
   alloc.c as table_unset().

2. I'd like to see mod_negotiation's get_token() moved into
   util.c. I've found it quite useful in other settings where you
   need to parse HTTP headers.

3. I'd like to see a new function added to alloc.c:

char *pstrndup(struct pool *a, const char *s, int n)
{
  char *res;
  if (s == NULL) return NULL;
  res = palloc (a, n + 1);
  strncpy (res, s, n);
  return res;
}

These are all very simple changes that wouldn't even really change the
code at all, but would make programmer's lives easier, IMO. While they
aren't theoretically bug fixes, they aren't new features either, and
I'd like to see them in Apache 1.1 so that modules can make use of
them, and the wheel doesn't have to be reinvented each time.

Thoughts?

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."