httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: 1.1b3
Date Thu, 23 May 1996 05:23:01 GMT
On Wed, 22 May 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> I guess one issue that would be nice to get into the "final beta"
> would be the rprintf() stuff. My apologies to Ben; I have not
> had the time to give it a go.
>
> In answer to your question...would we like to come up with
> a list of things like 'rprintf()' to get in before this freeze?
> I honestly can't think of anything else at the moment.

There's a patch to mod_negotation that to fix the bug (IMO) that
wildcard entries are picked over non-wilcard ones of the same quality
value. I have yet to see any comment on that patch (the second one).

There may also be some bugs in the new Host-header based virtual hosts
in combination with the Listen directive sets (esp. <VirtualHost
host:port>). I need to look into that. Unfortunately, I have finals
next week, so I may not get a chance in the immediate future.

Proxy-wise, I don't think there's a chance of getting *anything*
workable for 1.1. Unless Chuck can pull off a miracle and get the
module suddenly working again with a couple-line patch, it's likely
that any changes would just introduce more bugs, and there are some
procedural problems as well (such as the
delete-anything-it-doesn't-recognize problem Ben's spoken
about). So... I wouldn't remove the experimental label just
yet. Apache 1.2 or 1.3 or 2.0 may be where a real proxy module lies.

Just my thoughts. Some of them, at any rate.

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."