httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Location/Status can't restrict or restricts all" on OTHER:QNX (fwd)
Date Thu, 16 May 1996 03:36:50 GMT
On Wed, 15 May 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Okay, so we've narrowed it down to a possible problem with <Limit> not
> working within <Location> the way it should work within <Directory>?  If

> that's the case we'll give it a look...

Has anyone bothered to ask if the logfiles show the accesses from the
machine in question as actually coming from the domain he's trying to
allow from? If the machine thinks its something different, or he has
DNS off... It was never said that limits within <Directory> work on his
setup, anyhow, and limits in <Location> work fine here. (in fact, the
exact same code is responsible for them, so it kinda has to).

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."