httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: 1.1b3
Date Sun, 12 May 1996 21:27:03 GMT
On Wed, 8 May 1996 rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca wrote:

>  > What Configure patch?
>
> It has been discussed a bit here and is generally seen as a good thing
> to get into the code in order to make module management easier in the
> future.

Whatever happened to this, anyhow? A couple people (myself included)
said it would be a good idea, but I never saw it get committed. Was
there something I missed? I too would like to see it become part of
the 1.1 distribution, since it makes certain things easier, and can't
hurt anything.

Also, we should bump MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER to a more current value. This
was discussed as well, but never acted on.

> Patch follows:
>
> *** Configure	Sat Mar 16 16:58:01 1996
> --- Configure.new	Tue Apr 30 19:39:07 1996
> ***************
> *** 57,62 ****
> --- 57,68 ----
>            } \
>   	 print "  NULL"; \
>            print "};"; \
> +          print "char *module_names[] = {"; \
> +          for (i = n-1; i > -1; --i) { \
> +              printf "  \"%s\",\n", modules[i]; \
> + 	 print "  NULL"; \
> +          print "};"; \
>      }'
>
>   awk >Makefile <$tmpfile '\

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."