httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: cvs snapshot. compiler warnings
Date Fri, 31 May 1996 22:36:59 GMT
> I think Apache should compile clean on every supported platform. It might
> be nice to seek neater ways to make it happen, but it has to happen.

If that is the case, how about these ones under Solaris 2.5 that have been
bugging me for ages but people seemed to agree to disagree on how to fix
them:

gcc -c -O2 -DSTATUS -Wall -DSOLARIS2 util.c
util.c: In function `get_local_host':
util.c:1090: warning: implicit declaration of function `gethostname'

There is no prototype for this function on Solaris.  The man page
gives this as the prototype:

     int gethostname(char *name, int namelen);

So, we can add this explicit prototype to the top of util.c, or in
a .h.

gcc -c -O2 -DSTATUS -Wall -DSOLARIS2 mod_auth.c
mod_auth.c: In function `authenticate_basic_user':
mod_auth.c:180: warning: implicit declaration of function `crypt'

For this one we just need a #include <crypt.h> on systems that
have this header file.  (If we used configure we would know if the
system had this header file)

-Rasmus