httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "core dump reported almost every time
Date Tue, 28 May 1996 17:20:29 GMT
> > Linux doesn't really dump core.. unless you force it to.. and most of the
> >  people who have used the new libc have had alot of problems so by the
> > time I hear about it they have already downgraded.
>
> Can I use that in my FreeBSD publicity blurb :-) We usually recommend users
> upgrade our OS :-)

Well, I have been running the new libc for months now without a single
problem with the Apache/1.1 code.  Some general apps did break when the
new libc went in, but this was because the apps themselves were poorly
written.  Cleaning up their memory allocation code fixed things nicely.

My guess is that the problem is in the Apache 1.0 code somewhere.  A libc
malloc problem would have been caught by now.

-Rasmus