httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "core dump reported almost every time
Date Tue, 28 May 1996 02:46:52 GMT
> > Have the pool routines been run through a debugging malloc()?
>
> As far as I'm aware, no. Is there one freely available?

I have been using the bounds-checking version of gcc for many months
now for my development.  It is very nice and seems to catch lots of
problems.  Doesn't get all the memory leaks like Purify, but it will
certainly identify anything which could potentially cause a core dump.
However, the silly thing won't work with Apache for some inexplicable
reason.  It gets completely confused.  I have run many other packages
through it without problems.

-Rasmus