httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: Memory Pool Management Question
Date Wed, 08 May 1996 17:51:45 GMT
> The solution, of course, is not to get into that situation --- either
> by judicious creation and destruction of sub-pools (perhaps on the model
> of what goes on in mod_dir.c), or by explicit invocation of malloc() and
> avoidance of hard timeouts.

If I go the sub-pool route, can I assume that if a hard timeout occurs
before I get around to calling destroy_pool() on my sub-pool that it
will still get cleaned up?  I only see a call to bclose() in the timeout()
function and nothing that says to go and clean up any stray sub-pools..
But I haven't looked extremely closely yet.

-Rasmus