httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: 1.1b3
Date Wed, 08 May 1996 16:59:09 GMT
> Because it allows people like to me, without access to the CVS tree
> or time to set it up, to do testing on the current code.  Bug fixes
> have been known to introduce new problems.
>
> You can help avoid duplicate bug reports by 1) putting a list of known
> bugs in the release and 2) only making it available to people on
> this mailing list.

People like you should probably just download the latest CVS snapshot from
ftp://ftp.hyperreal.com/httpd/from-cvs

I agree that a public beta should not go out until all known bugs have been
fixed.  And everyone on the list has access to full current snapshots
of the CVS tree anyway.  You don't need CVS in order to use the snapshot.

-Rasmus