httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: FastCGI + Linux + Apache 1.1?
Date Sun, 12 May 1996 23:24:16 GMT
Well, I finally got FastCGI working with Apache/1.1b3 and Linux 1.99.1.
There are a couple of tricks.  I will post some patches later when
I get things cleaned up.  The two main problems are that the server
core dumps if a .fcgi file isn't found, and more problematic, the Unix
domain socket is created by the parent httpd which runs as root.  When the
child httpd processes that run as nobody try to connect they get a
permission denied error.  I currently fixed it by simply doing a chown nobody
on the socket.

-Rasmus