httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: mod_proxy changes
Date Mon, 27 May 1996 19:02:58 GMT
sameer@c2.org wrote:

> > (Also, if putting a subdirectory structure into the cache arena wasn't
> > on the TODO list, you might consider that as well --- the current
> > structure is likely to get quite cumbersome in any industrial-scale
> > use...).
>
> 	Current mod_proxy does that. I think Ben added that feature.

Indeed. That was why I added the "dangerous" qualifier in Configuration (it
recursively descends the directory tree deleting anything it doesn't like the
look of ... could cause a serious intake of breath if misconfigured).

Perhaps an extra item should be to add a magic number to cache files to reduce
the likelihood of such extensive damage... (logging any files found deficient
in the error log rather than deleting them).

Cheers,

Ben.

> > rst
> >

> --
> Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
> Community ConneXion, Inc.			FAX:     510-601-9734
> The Internet Privacy Provider			Dialin:  510-658-6376
> http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net

London, England.