httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "core dump reported almost every time
Date Sun, 26 May 1996 16:35:10 GMT
Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> This is a report of the problems with libc 5.3.x.  I've had over a dozen of
> these reports.  malloc defenetly seems to be the problem.

Have we got any clues, like where it dumps core? Backtrace? Do any of us run
Linux? I'd happily have a crack at this problem if someone has a system to run
it on, but I'm not about to build one myself to try it out. It would be
nice if this problem turned out to be related to the logging corruption...

Cheers,

Ben.

> <Aram>
>

> >The problem is related to new versions of libc. Linux libc 5.3.12.  The main
> >difference between libc 5.2.x & 5.3.x is that a totally new version of
> >malloc() was used.  So I suspect there may be a memory allocation problem
> >with apache and the newest version of libc.  The author of libc, HJ Lu said
> >he thought this was also true.  Please test this with gcc 2.7.2 and the other
> >utilities found at ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/GCC/
> >

> >John Taylor
> >john@www.cviog.uga.edu
> --
> Aram W. Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corporation
> http://www.qosina.com/~awm/, awm@qosina.com
> Apache httpd server team http://www.apache.org

London, England.