httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "the check auth function for a module is
Date Thu, 23 May 1996 14:09:57 GMT

> On Tue, 21 May 1996, Dirk.vanGulik wrote:
> > As soon as I can reach ftp.hyperreal.com I;ll stick up a module
> > which merges the two spellings of directives in both modules; and
> > it adds the 'no-encryped-passwd' in the database functionality
> > unique to the current Viteks module as well.
> >
> > Best I can do I guess. And again; I do *NOT* want to compete.
>
> This seems to be the best thing.  Would you mind relaying this to Vivek,
> or would you prefer someone else to?  I think the consensus is to keep
> yours.

He should have been CC-ed.

> > B.t.w. Who is doing the documentation ? I have it in HTML made by
> > 	a grad here, or should that be tech ?
>
> Feel free to forward it my way, I'll put it on the web site.

It is already there on httpd/incoming.

By the way, should switcing off encryped passwords be a access.conf
directive (as it si now) or should this really be a compile time
thing as to make it hard to doo ? Or should it be removed all together.

It is only there because:

	- being backward compatible with Viteks stuff
	- I had one NT fella which had the database on a platform
	  with a different crypt than the unix-server.

Please comment . !!!

Thanks.

Dw.