httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: David
Date Wed, 22 May 1996 18:13:36 GMT
David Robinson wrote:

> On Wed, 22 May 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
>

> > > I phoned the Dept. of Astronomy at Cambridge University last week (where he
> > > used to be). They said he had left in January and was
> > > now working "in industry" somewhere in Cambridge. They would not
> > > be any more specific.
> >
> > > Ben.
> >

> > Oh well, now we know. I'm surprised he hasn't at least pinged the
> > list to say he'd be out of reach for a while or permanently.
> > I guess he's not doing web related work or he'd still be here.
> >
> > Someone (Alexei or Ben) showed an interest in taking over the proxy
> > code. Is this still the case?
> >
> > "Apache will never have a proxy server"
> >                          ^
> >                        working
>
> I think I owe the list a fairly large apology.
>
> Since the beginning of March, I have been working at ESI (www.esi.co.uk)
> in Cambridge, UK. For the first month or so I kept up with the University
> and this list, although I only posted sporadically (usually on the
> occaisons when I visited my old office, as the bandwith from Pipex to
> Janet is not great).
>
> ESI re-launched its services (share prices and financial news) last week.
> So for the last month it has been panic stations, with no time for me to
> read the backlog of mail building up at ast.cam.ac.uk. I really should
> have at least posted my new email so that individuals could contact me
> personally; I'm very sorry I didn't.

Nice to know that you haven't completely evaporated!

> Anyway, my new address is drtr@esi.co.uk, Tel: +44 1223 566926; I'm
> touched by your interest 8-) Please feel free to send mail to that
> address. I think, too, that I should change my new-httpd subscription to
> that address - Brian?
>
> However, the harsh realities of the commercial world mean that I will not
> be able to devote much time to Apache, at least, not until we run Apache
> here. 8-(
>
> So, what's beeen happening in my absence?

Well, for one thing, my comments about the proxy module have been vindicated
;-) except for the "dangerous" one. So far.

Can we take it that you don't intend to fix the bugs in the proxy module?

Cheers,

Ben.

P.S. Append multiple smilies where appropriate ;-)

>    David.

London, England.