httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "the check auth function for a module is called multiple times per access" on BSDI (fwd)
Date Tue, 21 May 1996 10:22:44 GMT

:-) I am afraid I sparked this one off; I thougd to be friendly
and put a backward compatability support for this module into the
current mod_auth_msql.c module, and did send a copy to him to
see if it would really work. But that backfired;

However rather than co-operating, this guy has quickly added the
functionality of the current auth_msql (though not the error
trapping) into his module.

So what we have now are two modules with almost the same
features and not completely backward compatible tokens.

			      EWSE	EWSE-old	VITEK-new 	VITEK-old
Group support 1 table		yes	yes		yes		no
Group support N tables		yes	yes		no		no
Old set of configures		yes	yes		partly	  	no
New Set of configures		yes	yes		no		no
Viteks set of configures	yes	no		yes		yes
PersConnection			yes	no		no		no
Clean Password			yes	yes		no		no
Fall through			yes	yes		yes		no
Authorative Check		yes	no		no		yes
Double check			yes	no		no		no

Just for the record; I do not care for any competition; we build these
modules to use in ewse.ceo.org and other machines.

Dw.

Btw. is hyperreal reachable again; I tried to put a tar file into
     incoming containing a few new module versions and a lot of
     documentation, but the connection got reset a lot of times ?