httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject FWD: job opening
Date Tue, 14 May 1996 23:42:38 GMT
Normally I wouldn't forward something like this, but Portland is a
great place to live (IMHO) and somebody here might fit the bill.

.....Roy

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 10:40:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Bratter <mike@cybersight.com>
To: fielding@ics.uci.edu
Subject: Hi

Hi Roy-

My name is Michael Bratter and I am a partner at CyberSight, a WWW design
firm up in Portland, OR.

I'm spending my morning today surfing the Web in an attempt to locate
candidates to fill a "Technical Director" opening here at at CS.  This may be
the type of position which interests you or it may be a position which
interests someone close to your heart.  I've enclosed a description of the
position and some history about our company.  Please feel free to circulate
this mail.  Thanks for your time.

Best,

Mike Bratter

                   ------------*********------------

_________________________________
Position Title: Technical Director
---------------------------------

Responsibilities:

* Research, evaluate, and recommend cutting-edge WWW technology for
  project development
* Develop and maintain relationships with manufacturers of cutting-edge technology
* Manage engineering staff
* Design project programming blueprints
* Help define and maintain technical production processes
* Coordinate project resources with Production staff
* Monitor programming progress on client projects
* Participate in project proposal process and address technical issues
* Work in a team environment with various technical and non-technical
  staff
* Work closely with Creative staff to address technical considerations
* Lead Engineers meetings

Qualifications and Skills:

* Technical and Internet expert
* Background in  Unix, cgi, C, Perl, Java, SQL, and HTML programming
  environments
* Strong writing and communication skills
* Background leading engineering teams
* A track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
* Carry professional discussions with clients, vendors, and staff
* Work in an organized fashion

-------------------
About CyberSight
------------------

Based in Portland, Oregon, CyberSight, founded in 1994, is one of the
leading Internet advertising design teams.  We fuse technology with design
to successfully engage and market to Internet culture.  Our current
client roster includes Visa International, Mexicana Airlines, K2 Skis,
Molson Breweries, Stolichnaya Vodka, and leading advertising agencies.

Unlike most Web firms, we are a full-service creative agency.  With a
focus on marketing strategy, creative, and interactive solutions, we offer
the talent and experience to develop a site which stands out.

Our focus is to create brand-marked promotions that work.  With an eye to
the history of the Internet and interactivity, our team members bring
experience in Hollywood, traditional advertising, the high tech industry,
music video, design, and market research to bear upon each project.

                Contact Information:

                CyberSight (http://cybersight.com)
                Attn: Michael Bratter
                514 SW 6th Avenue