httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Paris
Date Tue, 14 May 1996 22:50:58 GMT
> What happened in Paris?

Not much [aside from what Brian mentioned].  From an academic viewpoint,
the conference sucked.  Many of the papers duplicated stuff that was
already discussed at prior conferences, and only 2/6 of the parallel
sessions were interesting from a technical standpoint.  Normally that
wouldn't be too bad, but too many other things sucked as well (the
demo/display area, the mugs, the t-shirt, the weather, ...).  The
conference facilities were great (size, AV, etc.) and I can't complain
about the ushers (all part-time Paris models).  Fortunately, the location
made up for it, so I enjoyed the trip anyway.

I was also a bit unusual in that I had to do HTTP WG stuff as well
(which meant less free time and several skipped sessions) and was
trying to organize the HTTP session on DDay (which I thought went
pretty well).

Oh, BTW, I may have promised that Apache would be the first to
implement HTTP/1.1.  Exact memory eludes me at the moment. ;-)