httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Apache legal question
Date Tue, 14 May 1996 22:33:42 GMT
> Would you object to "Apache/1.0.5 Apache-SSL/0.2"?

Not at all -- whatever name you want (I would make it something distinctive,
since "Apache" is already covered by the first product).

> BTW, you say the Server field is "supposed" to be in this format - where does
> it say that?

The HTTP spec [Alexei has a good memory].

> I'm happy to conform to standards when they exist. It would be good if people
> pointed them out _before_ they got "really sick", though  ;-)

Sorry.  I'm pretty sure I mentioned it long ago when the SSL variations
first showed up, but it was probably under a completely inappropriate
subject line (kinda like this one :).  No worries.

.....Roy

BTW, this list was 75% of my mail when I got back.  We need to start sending
the entire group to conferences, which is what I would do with any Apache
proceeds, just so that we can talk at full-bandwidth once in a while.
After 14 months, I've still only met Brian, Dirk, and RST (aside from the
NCSA folk and RobM) [mind you, I've mentioned that a few times at talks
and it always impresses the business types].