httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob McCool <r...@netscape.com>
Subject Re: (fwd) Re: Apache vs Netscape Commerce Server
Date Wed, 22 May 1996 02:33:16 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:
> > We just migrated from the Apache Server that came with BSDI2.1.
> > With Apache our average load with only 4 minimum and 32 Max hosts
> > running was .70.  While with Netscape and several virtual servers
> > and 16 Min - 32 Max each, our average load is .09
> >
> > Seems to be running much faster, as-well-as the configuation and
> > changes via the administrator is quicker and easier.
>
> What version would he be running?.
>
> As they say, your mileage may vary.
>
> Do the min and max settings have anything remotely like the same
> purpose under netscape?.

As I understand it, under NS 1.x, which he's running because 2.0 isn't
on BSDI yet, the min and max process settings very similarly to the way
they behave on Apache. The server starts 16 processes and spawns up to
16 more as they're needed.
--
Rob McCool, robm@netscape.com http://home.netscape.com/people/robm/
Stunt Programmer, Netscape Communications Corporation