httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Fear <...@pooh.pageplus.com>
Subject Re: Possible cause of Linux core dump?
Date Fri, 31 May 1996 04:58:59 GMT

rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca writes:
> I had a look at the 1.0.5 code.  It seems to me that there is a byte
> alignment problem.  I was getting a bus error on Solaris with the
> combination of mod_php and Apache 1.0.5 and the following patch
> clears it up:
>    [ patch deleted ]
> If somebody can track down some of the Linux people who reported problems
> and have them try this patch we might be able to put an end to that bit
> of confusion.

Don't know about the folks who reported this, but it doesn't fix the
problem on my system.  Its not worth explaining why I'm just now running
into this problem, but I'm now getting frequent core dumps when linked
with libc 5.3.x.  1.0.5 works fine when linked to libc 4.x.  1.1b2 seems
to work fine either way although my testing hasn't been thorough or
anything.  My suggestion at this point is to try to get
the folks experiencing Linux problems to duplicate the problem with 1.1.

I'd spend some time trying to track this down, but since 1.1 seems to
work and is about to be released ... there are other ponies to ride.

--
Howard Fear      email1: howard_fear@pageplus.com
                 email2: howard_fear@stortek.com