httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Threaded server on Solaris...
Date Fri, 31 May 1996 02:41:31 GMT
As part of a last attempt to track down the problems with running my
threads code on Solaris, I tried linking it with the static version of
-lsocket.  All of a sudden, select() stopped segfaulting, and the threads
package passed its own tests; I even got the web server to pass my usual
smoke tests as well.  Needless to say, this whole situation does *not*
give me the warm fuzzies.  Still, the same code has been doing a remarkably
credible imitation of a stable web server on since Sunday.
(That machine runs SunOS).

I've updated
to contain the works-better (or perhaps just broke-less) Solaris
configuration; there are also a couple of new Solaris-specific
#ifdefs which should have no effect whatever on other platforms.

Release engineering sucks.

View raw message