httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: HELP
Date Thu, 30 May 1996 15:50:49 GMT
1. What is the best way to deal with apache versioning string?
   Can it be done through Configuration somehow?

There is no way, currently.  I've suggested adding this capability
to the API, but for now, if you want to do it, you've got to ask people
to hack httpd.h directly, which isn't a terribly friendly thing to do.

2. The main httpd process seems to read config files twice. How
   can I detect whether it is processing the config files the first
   time or second?

It actually reads them any number of times, once per restart triggered
with a SIGHUP.  Just to keep the http_main code clean, at actually reads
them twice at startup (once to figure out that it should run in standalone
mode, and a second time when setting itself up that way), but if you are
set up to handle restarts correctly, this should not affect your code.

If you've got global initializations which should really run exactly *once*
(and which don't depend on anything in the config files), you can manage
them with an inited-p flag variable which is initialized to zero on startup,
and set to one after the first pass through.

3. mod_fastcgi.c is getting big. What's the standard way to make
   a module with multiple files?

Again, there isn't one (yet).  Rasmus, who has the same problem, and
Tom Tromey, who has some experience with nasty configuration issues, may
have some good ideas to contribute.

rst