httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Empress DataWeb
Date Thu, 30 May 1996 03:09:49 GMT
I liltingly intoned:

> Rob Hartill liltingly intones:
> >
> > the advertising blurb which is online as PDF doesn't mention Apache
> > as our license requests.
> >
> > The last company we chased for that (OpenText?) chose to ignore my
> > requests in the end.
> >
> Ultimately, the only way to enforce this with the incorrigibles is to
> have our legal staff contact them. 501c3 (nonprofit corporation) anyone?
> It's either that, or an announcement to some widely read newsgroup
> detailing the package and the circumstances.
>
> A darker idea is at http://www.ip.net/BL/blacklist.html 8^)

Empress' description page mentions Apache as the httpd in the package.

The URL http://www.empress.com/admin-bin/eh_writer/http_server.ehtml
expressly fulfills the license terms, I think.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked
at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
		-- Poul Anderson