httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Empress DataWeb
Date Thu, 30 May 1996 00:47:30 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> > Empress announced today that they will be shipping a package called
> > DataWeb on June 2nd.  A closer look at their web pages on this product
> > at www.empress.com reveals that it includes the Apache web server.
> > I don't see any mention of the Apache Group anywhere.  The package itself
> > is a mere $1000.
>
> the advertising blurb which is online as PDF doesn't mention Apache
> as our license requests.
>
> The last company we chased for that (OpenText?) chose to ignore my
> requests in the end.

Ultimately, the only way to enforce this with the incorrigibles is to
have our legal staff contact them. 501c3 (nonprofit corporation) anyone?
It's either that, or an announcement to some widely read newsgroup
detailing the package and the circumstances.

A darker idea is at http://www.ip.net/BL/blacklist.html 8^)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Absence makes the heart go wander.