httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "internal imagemap program fails to pick correct polygon region" on BSDI
Date Wed, 29 May 1996 11:04:53 GMT
Operating system: BSDI, version: 2.1
Version of Apache Used: 1.1b2
Extra Modules used: mod_php, mod_auth_msql (my own version)
URL exhibiting problem:

The internal imagemap program selects the wrong polygon
on a map of the states.  The image map is correct: I tested it
with the mapedit program, and also using my own external
imagemap program.

To see the bug in action, visit the URL
and click on the state of West Virginia in the upper map.
You will be sent to MD.html instead of WV.html.  Try the same
in the lower map, and it works fine.  Both are using the
exact same file.  Similarly, clicking in the state
borders of MD sends you to NJ.html, instead of MD.html.

I tried to strip this down to a smaller subset of states that
would cause it, but I can't.  It only affects the imagemap if the
whole file is there.

----- End of forwarded message from -----

Rob Hartill (
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)