httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: mod_proxy changes
Date Tue, 28 May 1996 23:33:42 GMT
  By the way, I managed to fix this very nicely now.  I am using 3 separate
  sub-pools with different life-spans.  Nobody has reported any sort of
  data space related problem for weeks.

And so the great wheel of incarnation turns... compiler memory management
is where I got the whole idea for a resource pool system in the first place
(the technique is used in gcc and lcc at least, to avoid having to do a
seek-and-destroy on every tree node which was allocated to handle a
particular statement or expression --- *including* the ones which might
have been cut out of the tree in subsequent rearrangements).

rst